Fall Meeting of the
Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative
The Future is Bright
November 13th, 9:30am to 4:30pm at the Hubbards Fire Hall
- 9:30-11:15 am – Business of the Cooperative
- 11:15-4:30 pm – Series of speakers presenting new ideas, opportunities and success stories for farmers’ markets and farmers’ market businesses.
- the unveiling of the FMNS Insurance Program for member markets and their vendors;
- a presentation of new ideas by FMNS President Natalie Smith (and all around farmers’ market meister) inspired by her recent exploratory travel to Vermont;
- stories of passion, success & of course hard work from Ironworks Distillery and the Flying Apron Cookery;
- a sneak peak at FMNS’s newest training program (- calling all vendors!);
- a visit to the Hubbards’ Barn Farmers’ Market site.
Who can attend? All FMNS member markets are invited to attend – market managers, staff, board members and vendors. If your farmers’ market is not currently a member of FMNS and is interested in attending, please contact Keltie Butler at the FMNS office (902-425-9776; FMNS@farmersmarketsnovascotia.ca).
What does it cost to attend? There is no cost to attend our Fall Meeting and to take in the terrific afternoon lineup of speakers!
RSVP ASAP: Please email us by November 1st to let us know you will be attending. If you do not decide to attend until the last minute you are still welcome – but we may run out of coffee!
Snack Potluck: As local food lovers, growers and bakers, let’s enjoy the harvest together by sharing a potluck of morning and afternoon snacks. Please bring something to share. FMNS will provide coffee and tea. Please bring yourself a mug, dish and utensil.
Lunch is not provided so please bring a brown bag lunch or pick up something nearby during the allotted lunch break.