This quick lunch or dinner idea is a staple in the homes of our staff. The dressing comes together so quickly with ingredients you likely already have. We love the crunchy, crispness of the cabbage paired with the creamy dressing, toasty croutons and salty bacon. This version of a classic recipe which always comes in handy when that cabbage is the only thing left in your produce drawer (we’ve been there, many times).
Here we are using a red or purple napa cabbage, but the more commonly found green variety works just as well. Head to a market near you to pick up your cabbage, bacon, and bread to make this recipe.
Napa Cabbage Caesar Salad Recipe
Serves: 2 large or 4 side salads
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Handful of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad and croutons
- 1/2 napa cabbage, diced
- 6 pieces of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 loaf of old bread, cubed
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a baking sheet. Toss cubed bread with olive oil and garlic, and spread out on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, moving croutons around half way through baking. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk until thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- In a large bowl, add cabbage and drizzle on dressing to your liking. Toss with tongs to evenly coat. Serve with croutons, bacon and lemon slices.