Who We Are
Founded in 2004, Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia is a non-profit cooperative of farmers’ markets for farmers’ markets.
With over 30 unique members across the province, our cooperative is the unified voice of our region’s farmers’ market sector. Learn more about our members →
Together, our organization and our members are building a cooperative and dynamic farmers’ market sector cultivating successful businesses, vibrant local economies, and healthy communities.
Our cooperative advances growth and prosperity for our member farmers’ markets and their vendors through training, resources, advocacy, promotion, and community.
What We Do
Looking to start or grow a farmers’ market or a market-based business? Look no further! We work tirelessly to support our region’s farmers’ market sector. Learn more about what we do and the benefits of being a member of our cooperative →
Latest from the Market Fresh blog
Our Core Values
- Buying Local: Because FMNS values a “make it, bake it, grow it” policy and a buy local philosophy, we actively work to ensure that our cooperative, our member markets, and our vendors do our part to support local economic activity, create local jobs, and promote import substitution.
- Economic Development: Because FMNS values economic development and vibrant communities, we work to promote and strengthen our member farmers’ markets to be leaders and hubs of social and economic activity in their communities.
- Incubation: Because FMNS recognizes that our farmers’ markets are business incubators, we track, encourage, and support our member markets to enable their vendors to grow their businesses.
- Education: Because FMNS values education and the growth and professionalization of our sector, we offer a variety of in-person trainings, webinars, and online resources so our member markets can continue to succeed.
- Cooperation: Because FMNS values community, cooperation, and collaboration, we build and grow a community of practice and support, including hosting in-person and online gatherings and discussion groups for our member managers, support staff, volunteers, and vendors.