- Wishing you were making more money consistently on market day?
- Doubting your ability to run a business?
- Working too many hours for not enough return?
- Sensing that you and your business aren’t reaching your potential?
- Watching other vendors who seem to have a better formula, or more luck, or more loyal customers than you do?
Welcome to the reality of running a business in the high-paced, multi-stakeholder, ever-changing farmers’ market sector! The good news is that success IS possible… for each and every one of us, no matter how we define success for ourselves.
In this exciting, detailed, step-by-step home-study program, experienced and aspiring vendors are taken on a journey through business best-practises that are highly customized for people making, growing, and selling product at farmers’ markets.
Over 350 pages of incredible, customized, farmers-market-specific content and photographs, with over 80 bonus resources and templates included. This is a massive, impressive course!
The course was created by Michelle Wolf, the Director of Training with Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia (FMNS) and owner of Whole Green Heart Consulting. The content is based on Michelle’s years of research, creating and leading training at farmers’ market events, running a highly-successful farmers’ market business, and working with over 200 individual clients and participants in farmers’ market manager and vendor training programs. Michelle knows what it takes, what really works, what holds us back, and how business curriculum needs to be organized in order for it to be valuable and applicable to farmers’ market vendors.
Learning basic business skills, honing pricing and merchandising strategies, attending to over-looked details, tweaking production systems, and building your network – these types of changes can and will radically transform the results you see on market day and throughout the year. (It can also help you turn your hobby into a viable business, which many of you are also struggling with!)
Join me in this exciting, cutting-edge, highly-relevant business training program for farmers’ market-based business owners. The material is yours to keep forever. And there is no other comparable home-study business training program available just for farmers’ market sellers anywhere! This is an opportunity for you to invest in your own life, your own skills, your own business, your own well-being, and your own on-going passion for what you do for a living.
Here’s how the program works:
- Each week, for 18 weeks, you’ll receive an automatic email containing the readings, worksheets, and custom-designed templates as well as other materials related to the topic of the week. (This might also include PowerPoint presentations, videos, audio recordings, and resource collections.) All materials can be downloaded – they are yours forever!
- This allows you to work on the material at your own pace, in your own way, from the comfort of your own home. Customized, relevant, real-life business training for farmers’ market vendors – delivered right to your inbox. Easy yet game-changing for your business and your life!
Weeks 1 and 2 – Planning, Goals & Vision
- Learn the #1 mistake entrepreneurs make when doing strategic planning and uncover how goal-setting can literally earn you money. Planning templates included.
Weeks 3 and 4 – Customers & Networking
- Discover how to build a loyal following of ideal, repeat customers who buy from you consistently.
Weeks 5 and 6 – Records, Systems & Book-Keeping
- Step-by-step guidance, instructions and templates for amazing systems that will streamline and optimize your records, book-keeping, inventory, and sales.
Weeks 7 and 8 – Money, Pricing & Budgeting
- Find out the most common mistakes vendors make when pricing their products, and study a powerful, easy strategy for making consistent money in your business. Includes step-by-step pricing formulas.
Week 9 – Branding
- Understand why a great story is the basis of authentic marketing, and be guided through a detailed but effortless process to create your own effective brand.
Week 10 – Merchandising & Great Displays
- See photographs of great merchandising in action and learn how to use creative displays to grow your business.
Weeks 11 and 12 – Sales & Marketing
- Discover how to take the complexity and confusion out of marketing with simple, time-tested strategies for increased day-of selling and super-smart promotions.
Week 13 – Working Smart & Time Management
- Be inspired to tackle your procrastination, and get my hot tips and strategies for working healthy from home, getting organized, and staying focused.
Week 14 – Staff, Family & Market Teams
- Learn to maximize relationships with staff and family, see what ‘HR’ means in a microbusiness context, and understand the role of good communication.
Week 15 – Expanding Your Products
- Be inspired by innovative product ideas and photographs, and find out my best suggestion for raising your bottom line as you expand.
Week 16 and 17 – Social Media
- Be introduced to several social media platforms and software tools that can grow your business and position you as an expert in your field, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Etsy, WordPress, MailChimp, Quozio, QR codes, and PicMonkey.
Week 18 – Growth & Sustainability
- Uncover new ways to successfully and sustainably expand your business!
- During the final week, I’ll also offer some concluding ideas and suggestions for next steps.
Cost and Investment
You work at the program in your own way, at your own pace. The investment of your time is completely up to you. You may choose to complete the entire program, or only complete those sections that seem particularly relevant to you. The choice is yours and the investment is absolutely worth it, whether you want it all or only certain pieces.
There is also a printed version of the program available for $397, delivered to you all in one tab-divided, organized binder by postal mail. We ship these within 7 days of your order. The hard copy version also includes a CD with formatted templates in Word and Excel that you can download onto your computer, from the sections on budgeting, record-keeping and marketing. This is the perfect choice for those of you who want the program in a version that you can hold in your hands, who don’t want to print the materials out themselves, or who want the complete program all at once.
- Eighteen weeks of exceptional program material delivered to you in the comfort of your own farm, kitchen, studio, bakery, greenhouse or home office.
- Free bonus materials delivered by email for an entire year following the end of your program.
- Optional free membership in a “Make It, Grow It, Sell It” private Facebook group. There, you can ask questions, connect with like-minded entrepreneurs, learn from others, and interact with me directly. This ‘community component’ gives you support and fresh ideas from a wide cohort of other farmers’ market vendors around North America.
Remember, business training can be written off as a legitimate business expense (I’ll even be showing you how). Bottom line – you have absolutely nothing to lose… and so much to gain!