Starting a farmers’ market is no easy task – but, the payoff can be quite something!
We’d like to help you get your new farmers’ market off to a strong start. So, pour yourself a cup of tea, grab a notebook and settle in to this in-depth, inspiring, one-hour recorded training. You’ll be surprised at how many things there are to consider! This is an investment in your market’s success.
In addition to the training video, you will receive a series of tools, templates and resources (12 in total!) to help you and your new market. And don’t worry, you can refer back to the recording, and the resources, as often as you’d like.
Lastly, let us suggest another of our recorded trainings, A Training Primer for New Market Managers, as your next step alongside our #1 resource and reference tool, The Market Manager’s Handbook: A Guide for Growing Great Markets.
- Mission & Purpose
- Community Needs Assessment
- Identifying Community Assets
- Organizational Help & Volunteers
- Organizational Structure
- Planning for Year One
- Market Location
- Market Amenities
- Day & Time
- Table/Vendor Fees
- What to Expect as a First Year Market
- Risk Factors for Market Failure
- Finding Vendors
- Striking the Right Vendor Mix
- Policies, Rules & Agreements
- Marketing & Promotions
- Projects, Fundraisers & Events
- Preparing for Opening Day
- Staying Connected