Training, Workshops & Networking Opportunities
FMNS is the leader in developing and delivering educational and skill-building workshops for farmers’ market vendors and personnel.
But don’t take our word for it – take a look at the glowing comments of participants!
We run three distinct methods of training:
1. In-person customized and comprehensive training programs;
2. An ever-growing series of webinars and workshops; and
3. An annual one-day conference for the Atlantic Canadian farmers’ market sector.
To stay up to date on all of our upcoming training and workshop opportunities, please sign up for our newsletter!
Some of our Training Programs
- Business Excellence Skills for Farmers’ Market Vendors (36 hours) — available by request for FMNS member markets across the province, requiring a minimum of 10 participants. Contact our office for more information.
- Professional Development for Managers, Organizers and Coordinators (40 hours) — View this year’s training poster for details and sign up for our newsletter to learn about registering for next year’s program!
- Small Farm Business Planning Training (40 hours) – Looking to grow your farm-base business? We’ve partnered with the Nova Scotia Department of Agriculture to streamline you into getting ready for their Small Farm Accelerator Program. Available by request for FMNS member markets. Requires a minimum of 8 participants.
Have an idea for training? Let us know by emailing email@example.com!
- Board Training for Farmers’ Markets and Non-Profits
- Marketing, Merchandizing, & Customer Service Excellence: Customer Service Best Practices in a Non-Traditional Retail Environment
- Social Media & Branding for the Farmers’ Market Sector
- Drawing Customers In: Marketing & Merchandizing for the Farmers’ Market
Interested in signing up for one of our workshops? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!